I did this
1. Log in using an ADMINISTRATIVE account
2. Verify you have the following files usbaapl.cat, usbaapl.inf & usbaapl.sys in the following directory “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers”
3. Single left click on START
4. Single left click on RUN
5. Type in ” devmgmt.msc ” then hit Enter (Don’t type in the quotes)
6. Look for Imaging in the Device Manager window, and click on plus sign (In Vista you may not see the “Imaging” option. Look under “Portable Devices” as an alternative)
7. Now you should see ” Apple iPod ” as a device underneath Imaging (or Portable Devices)
8. Right click on ” Apple iPod ” then single left click on Properties
9. Single left click on the ” Driver ” tab
10. Single left click on ” Update driver ”
11. Select ” Install from a list or specific location ”
12. Single left click on ” Include this location in the search ”
13. Paste ” C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers ” (Don’t type in the quotes) into the box below ” Include this location in the
14. Single left click next and keep clicking through until ” Apple iPod USB Driver ” is detected.
15. Start up iTunes, and see if you iPod is detected again.
25 thoughts on “iPod thinks its a digital camera”
Thanks so much! Worked like a charm!!
Worked for me too. Thanks so much!
how do i get all those usbaapl files? and btw i dont have “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers” on my computer?
iTunes – install itunes.. you get Apple Mobile Device Support
Thanks you made my day 😀
Thanks, worked a treat
oh, thank you, thank you! Wish APPLE had had this info on their support site, would have saved so much time and frustration! Dave, am sending you virtual chocolate chip cookies. 🙂
awesome! worked on my first try.
Thankyou so much. I have been stuck with tis problem for about a month and have tried evert=ything els. Thankyou so much!!!!!
omg omg you are like god lol thanck you so much
now i dont have to get my sister to do it on her comp
she gets so agressive she like turnes into a major
You have helped me to satisfy a customer, who contacted me with the same issue.Thanks a tone.
I did what you told me, i have the files needed and it still didn’t work. I’m on XP and have a second generation touch.
Thank you very much! worked with me 2!
I was helpless.
works for me thenk you so much
By some reason my Ipod Touch 3G was no more recognized by my computer.
I was afraid of being be forced to re-initialize it… losing about 110 albums.
You saved my life! 🙂
Thank you very much,
Max – Italy
hay my ipod touch is locked i forgot my pass and when i try to conect to my gf’s laptop it conects as a camera how do i restore????
Hi thanks you so much this really worked
*virtual hugs and kisses*
WORKING FUCKIN FANTASTIC!!!! THX VERY MUCH!
Oh what a relief – thanks very much!!!!
My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was once entirely right. This publish actually made my day. You cann’t believe just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!
You, sir, are my friend. Well done.
thanks for the tip pal been tearing my hair out for weeks
Why isn’t this working for me?! I’ve tried it twice and followed the instructions exactly!
Where are the “Start” and “Run” buttons? I can’t find them and it’s urgent!